The Sky Is the Limit When It Comes to Garage Addition IdeasDec 12, 2022
You may be considering garage addition ideas to protect your car from harsh weather conditions. But that’s not all a garage is good for. At Legacy Design Build Remodeling, we can design your garage to accommodate just about any wishes you might have for your new space. The only limit is your imagination.
Five More Traditional Garage Addition Ideas
Besides creating a storage space for your car, there are many other traditional uses for garage additions, including:
- A workshop – For decades, workshops have been integral parts of garages. You can design your ideal workbench with tool storage for all the odd jobs you do around the house, or for your favorite hobbies.
- A gym – If there’s no room in your home for a gym, building space into your garage for one is an ideal solution. All you need to get started is a treadmill and a weight bench. Or maybe an elliptical is more your style. Either way, you can design the perfect space for your home gym.
- Storage – All your yard-maintenance tools must go somewhere. What better place for them than in your garage? Your lawn mower, weed eater, and hedge clippers can all live in harmony with your car inside your new garage addition. You can also build in storage for all the stuff you’ve accumulated over the years, but don’t have room for inside your house. Or you could start buying in bulk to save on your grocery bills and store the excess in a garage fridge or freezer.
- A gardening station – If you’re an avid gardener, you need space to start your seedlings so you can start planting when the weather is right. What better place than in your garage, where spilling a little dirt on the cupboards or floor isn’t a giant hassle like it would be in your kitchen.
- A home for your sporting goods – Your canoe, kayak, basketballs, baseball equipment, and other sporting goods need somewhere to live that’s not inside your house. When you’re coming up with garage addition ideas, you can make sure that the perfect spot for all your sporting goods is in there, too.
Five Garage Addition Ideas You Might Not Immediately Think Of
There are also many newer ideas for using garage space, including:
- A man cave / she-shed – You can use a portion of your new garage addition to create a space where you can escape from the hustle and bustle of the household. Put down a cozy rug, move in a great recliner, add a TV or some bookcases—or both—and you’ve got the ideal getaway spot.
- Hobby space – If you love making your own soaps or candles, live for brewing your own beer, or delight in sewing elaborate quilts, you can design space in your garage for those hobbies. Your project consultant can help you determine the best layout for your hobby space.
- An art studio – You may be an experienced artist or a neophyte just getting started, but a garage with windows or the garage door open can offer great natural light for an art studio. You can work with oil paints, pastels, ink, clay, marble, or metal in a well-appointed garage addition.
- A moneymaking opportunity – Maybe you have friends who love kayaking but don’t have room at their house to store their kayaks and gear. But you have this great garage with all the room in the world. You could rent out a portion of your garage to your friends to store their stuff.
- A game room – You can bring in a pool table, ping pong table, air hocky table, foosball table, or dartboard and have the ultimate game room. Add a table with chairs and a deck of cards, and you’re ready for a rousing game of Go Fish or Gin Rummy. Shelves on the walls can hold favorite board games.
Let Legacy Design Build Remodeling Help You With Your Garage Addition Ideas
Legacy Design Build Remodeling’s project consultants are highly trained to help you bring your garage addition ideas to life. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation meeting with one of our project consultants. We look forward to working with you!