WINNER OF LOCAL & REGIONAL 2011 NARI CONTRACTOR OF THE YEAR AWARDS FOR RESIDENTIAL KITCHEN UNDER $40,000
This remodeling project was completed for previous clients who wanted the kitchen in their new home to be as nice as the kitchen we remodeled in their previous home several years prior. They wanted a contemporary kitchen with more storage space, better functionality, solid-surface countertops; and they needed to stay within their budget.
Here’s a list of what we were accomplished for our clients:
- We relocated the sink and moved the dishwasher to the opposite side, creating a better area for cleaning dishes and better traffic flow. Previously, the dishwasher was directly opposite the built-in double-oven, which created issues whenever both were being used. The new dishwasher location also allowed for a better cabinet design and sink location centered on the existing window.
- We replaced the existing 42″ upper cabinets with 48″ cabinets, which provided additional storage space and a lighted valance over the sink.
- We added an appliance garage for storage of multiple countertop appliances, helping the clients to stay better organized and providing them additional counter space for food preparation. We also designed a cabinet layout that took advantage of previously wasted space.
- We installed under-cabinet lighting at all work areas and new task lighting at the sink, eliminating shadows that existed at the countertops.
- To save money, we retained the existing refrigerator and double-oven, around which the new cabinetry was designed, as well as the kitchen flooring, which matched the remainder of the home.